Friday, September 13, 2013

Mandy: London Calling



Today is the day! My flight leaves Jacksonville at 7:45 tonight and then I leave Atlanta for Heathrow at 11pm. While at home I have had some great time with friends, loved being with my parents, and studied up on London by watching What A Girl Wants, Winning London (with Mary Kate & Ashley), My Fair Lady, and concluding with Harry Potter.

I have been saying goodbyes for a month now. It started with me saying goodbye to Alex last month, then it was to everyone in DC three weeks ago, now it is goodbye to everyone in Jacksonville. I’m very ready to start saying hello.

I have dreamt about studying abroad in college since 6th grade. So here I am, living a dream come true. I think my nerves are being settled by God’s goodness and the sureness I have that I am meant to do this. My nerves have also been calmed by all of my loved ones that I have said goodbye to – and knowing that I have their love and support.

As my dad always says – here’s to the next grand adventure!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment