Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Marissa: Happy birthday, Marines!

"So, 236 years ago in a bar in Philly called the Tun Tavern a bunch of drunks and criminals got together and formed what would become the United States Marine Corps. There were only two requirements for enlisting: you had to have your own musket and at least one tooth to tear open powder bags to load your musket."

Every year of my life I have had the honor of attending the Marine Corps Birthday Ball Celebration. This year, I brought my intellectual, hippie boyfriend. So, it was funny trying to explain everything from the Military culture to him ;) He was a good sport and danced the night away with my parents and I. It was a beautiful evening.



Now, something you may not know about Marines at the birthday ball, is that they LOVE to dance. Every year Marines choreograph dances and have dance-offs. This is just one video that represents thousands of similar situations: 

And this was the party favor that we each received:


Semper Fidelis and OHH-RAH!


No comments:

Post a Comment