Thursday, November 14, 2013

Mandy: Star Struck


I think I’m realizing how fast time is speeding by, so I am filling my time with all kinds of things, and I thought I would give an update (and I admit, I am currently procrastinating writing essays…)

Saturday, I went to Brighton for a day trip, which was filled with fish & chips, shopping, the sea, and great company! I hope to visit again sometime…preferably when it isn’t so cold!

Sunday I attended the Remembrance Sunday service at the WWI Cenotaph (similar to the tomb of the unknown soldier). It was an incredible event where thousands of people lined the streets of London to honor veterans. Most people wore poppies, and there was a parade of veterans that laid down poppy wreaths at the tomb. It was a solemn ceremony that I was honored to attend. Afterwards, I was able to fan-girl at the fact that I got to see all of the Royal family (The Queen, Princes Charles, William, Harry, and Princess Kate. Oh and England’s Prime Minister) participate in the ceremony! It was pretty surreal to see them! 











Then Monday was the Hunger Games: Catching Fire world premier at Leister Square! Andy, Isaac and I stalked the red carpet and had a great view, even though we got there only an hour early (some people had been there since Friday!). We stood through the rain, but it was well worth it to see some really great actors – Stanley Tucci, Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Elizabeth Banks, and Donald Sutherland. Donald Sutherland said in an interview on stage that he had attended the Dirty Dozen premier in the same theater in 1967, which I just think is so cool.

 












And TOMORROW I get to see the biggest star of all – Alex Copeland! Barcelona here we come! 

With love and stars in my eyes,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment