Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mandy: Something Educational So We Can Do Something Fun


Cheers loves!

This weekend was wonderful! My Aunt Margie and Uncle Rob came from Boston to London to visit me! We had a full weekend of museums, music, great food, getting lost, and a few pubs in between it all. 

The educational included:
- Learning how to deal with Tube line closures
- The Ashmoleon Museum in Oxford
- Kensington Palace (now one of my favorite places in London)
- The National Portrait Gallery
- We visited John Snow’s Pub, which is built on the site of the water pump which the source of the cholera epidemic in the 1800s (that visit was fun as well ;)


And as Margie said, now that we have done something educational, we can do something fun!

-      We went and saw Once: A New Musical. Wow, what an amazing show!! I’m now addicted to that music. The set was also a working bar, so the audience could go up before the show and during intermission, which was just so cool! It was a great story with fantastic Irish music. I'm now very excited to go back to Ireland!
-       A day trip to Oxford
-       Seeing Princess Diana’s, Princess Margaret’s, and the Queen’s most iconic dresses at Kensington Palace (the picture is us doing the Princess Wave)

-       Wandering through Harrod’s. I was speechless at how massive, beautiful, and overwhelming one store could be. The Christmas section was such a fairytale.

I am so blessed to have Rob and Margie in my life. It was extremely difficult to say goodbye. The timing of them visiting could not have been better – seeing family was exactly the encouragement (and hugs) that I needed. I love having so much fun with them, hearing of their adventures, learning from them, and hearing my family history. It was very cool to be reminded that my ancestors started in this country and here I am studying in the same place. 

This weekend I am off to Brussels, so next week expect stories of chocolate galore! 


 So you can get a taste of Once:


No comments:

Post a Comment